This class is similar in structure to the DEVELOPMENTAL WORKSHOP, however, this workshop is limited to a smaller number of serious writers who are in the final stages of larger projects.
These projects can include readying a book proposal for agent submission, finishing a book already on contract for a publisher deadline, completing a full-length script for performance, a full screenplay, an ambitious long-form article portfolio, an extensive business plan, a multi-page website, etc.
Participation in the DEVELOPMENT INTENSIVE is a recommended prerequisite but not required. This class is designed to be an economical solution for those who want both weekly coaching and detailed manuscript feedback.
- Eight in-person in NYC classes + ninth Class is Comped Admission and Priority Consideration for the Pitch-Palooza
- Three private phone or Skype coaching consultations (pre-class, midterm and completion)
- Most writers receive support for approx 12 weeks (classes plus private sessions)
- Clients can submit up to 12,000 words (approximately 40 pages per week) or up to 96,000 words (approximately 320 pages) per session.
- Everyone submits work by noon every Tuesday prior to each Thursday’s class (when it will be reviewed)
- Everyone must read and comment on all submitted work every week. The class is an intensive; do be prepared to make a significant time commitment (an average of 3+ hours of reading/critiquing classmates’ work per week plus the recommended 6 hours a week you commit to your own writing sessions)
- Everyone participating in the final performance will receive performance coaching and a video of their reading for their own training purposes or website reel
Instructor: Ideasmyth Founder Victoria C. Rowan began editing her school’s literary magazine at 16. Since then, she has spent over 25 years working in all forms of media, writing for dozens of publications; providing
She founded the educational division of Mediabistro.com, which became a multi-million-dollar phenomenon. Since launching Ideasmyth in 2000, her nearly 1,000 clients have benefitted from her range of media experience as she has helped them produce their published articles, critically acclaimed books, monographs and theater productions, as well as many other exciting and innovative enterprises. She considers it her life’s vocation to cultivate and celebrate creativity in all its forms.
Having midwife-ed such a range of projects and enterprises she has come to this conclusion: creativity can only consistently thrive when the rest of the artist’s life works and allows space for its potential.
Sessions with Victoria will not only help you craft a better book, essay, play, poem, website copy or business plan, but they will also help you become the person you always wanted to be.
Dates & Times: TBA
Course Size: Limited to 5
Have a question about Ideasmyth courses? Contact email@example.com.