BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT/MARKETING MANAGER + INTERN POSITIONS
Ideasmyth is seeking a self-starting intern who is eager to get hands-on experience in this field. All candidates must be excited to brainstorm creative solutions to small-business development challenges and want to develop our business plan. While this internship is unpaid, there is the possibility of commissions from profits generated by intern’s efforts.
Business Development Manager
In addition to the intern responsibilities below, the Business Development Manager will:
- Take a leading role in developing Ideasmyth’s comprehensive business plan
- Research grants, loans, and other small business opportunities
- Research appropriate business partnerships and set up meetings
- Coordinating with Business Development/Marketing Intern
- Develop strategic partnerships with entities that can have a symbiotic relationship with Ideasmyth’s business.
- Cold calling to potential partners for Ideasmyth and reaching out via meeting within the Tri-State Area.
- Liaising with SCORE mentors to accelerate Ideasmyth’s growth plan.
- Identifying new opportunities for Ideasmyth’s business expansion and enhancement of revenue streams.
Business Development/Marketing Intern
- Market research to support Ideasmyth’s expansion
- Make suggestions to Ideasmyth’s comprehensive business plan
- Develop strategies for our social media and events to elevate Ideasmyth’s profile
- Maintain our CRM database on Nimble
- For the manager position, a Bachelors or Masters degree in Business, Marketing, Entrepreneurialism or other relevant fields; currently enrolled in (or recently completed) a relevant graduate program
- Interest in Business, Marketing, and Entrepreneurialism using online social media tools
- Ability to identify company needs and offer key-to-the-mission solutions
- Strong research and data presentation skills
SOCIAL MEDIA/PUBLIC RELATIONS/EVENTS INTERN
Ideasmyth is seeking a self-starting intern who is eager to get hands-on experience in this field with high-quality editorial content, social media management, and public relations. Interns will have the opportunity to polish their skills, act as the event quality control team member for Ideasmyth, work closely with the owner (an experienced editor/coach/journalist) and gain insights into how different communication styles and media formats can best serve various creative and commercial agendas.
Blog Editor Responsibilities:
In addition to the responsibilities below, the Blog Editor will:
- Work closely with the CEO to brainstorm, write, edit, and oversee management of all aspects of written communication for Ideasmyth’s blog
- Will also generate social media posts and research backend SEO tags to improve engagement with the blog
- Scouting out and contacting potential blog contributors (typically clients, affiliated editors, course and retreat instructors)
- Managing correspondence between Ideasmyth’s CEO and guest bloggers
Editorial/Social Media/PR Intern Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with team in developing marketing strategies to further the promotion of the company
- Assist in the research, writing, scheduling of our social media, website and blog content
- Being up for event documentation for original social media content
- Research to support current company-related priorities
- Comfortable with engaging and maintaining critical database information
- Research up-and-coming talent and authors as potential Featured Creatives for our Ideablog
- Promote Ideasmyth services and events on social media
- Analyze social media metrics & Google Analytics to learn which platforms are driving the most website traffic
- Tag team with the Events intern on maintaining our website’s cultural calendar
- Research, identify and build relationships with potential partners/sponsors
- Currently enrolled in (or recently completed) an Communications, English, Journalism, Creative Writing undergraduate program
- Personal blogging experience–WordPress familiarity a bonus!
- Experience or interest in journalism, media, and editorial work
- Personal interest in contemporary authors, bloggers, and other creatives
- Obsessive about social media with daily activity on at least one major social media platform
- Curiosity and gameness: i.e. someone who brings up things in which they’re interested and who would be up for attending networking events with industry leads
- Ideally: Already have generated a 1K+ following (for self or other entity) for a blog or a major social media platform
- Ideally: Prior social media account management with other companies
- Ideally: Comfortable using Adobe creative suite to create images, memes, etc.
- Ideally: Hootsuite experience
Candidate Minimum Requirements
- Hours: Ability to commit to 15 to 20 hours per week (office hours: Mon-Thurs 9am-2pm) at our West Midtown Manhattan office
- Timeline: Minimum of 3 months, preference to those seeking 6 months of work experience
- Essential equipment: smartphone, laptop and headphones
- Comfortable learning new technology and software
- Outstanding communication skills (analytical, verbal, written)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Takes initiative, brings new ideas to the table
- Detail-obsessed ninja who enjoys juggling multiple projects
- An upbeat and open-minded goals junkie who enjoys being an awesome team player!
- Insatiable cultural curiosity; never grew out of loving show-and-tell!