- Editing and maintaining the technical architecture our current WordPress site, www.ideasmyth.com
- Designing page layouts and custom graphics with some aesthetic input from the Owner
- Formatting content on website, blog posts, fliers, event programs, forms etc.
- Developing our Ideasmyth online store
- Monitoring company’s web tools such as SEO, Klout scores, Optimizer
- Familiarity with Google Analytics or willing to learn
- Developing landing pages for our events, classes and special news
- Quality assurance testing–esp. across all browsers
- Taking charge of other integrated graphic design & tech needs of the company (e-newsletters, databases, social media tickers, interactive forms, etc.)
- Game to trouble-shoot on basic tech issues for daily tasks (for our e-newsletter, blog, database, Google Drive, etc.)
- Being a self-starter, leader, responsive communicator and a joy to work with!
- Working knowledge of WordPress and all that surrounds it
- Ability to commit to 15 to 20 hours per week (office hours: Mon-Thurs 9-2pm) for a minimum of 3 months with a preference for candidates in graduate programs who want 6 months of work experience to develop their skills and portfolios
- Essential equipment: smartphone, laptop and headphones
- Insatiable curiosity
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
- Organizational ninja who enjoys juggling multiple projects
- An upbeat goals junkie who enjoys contributing to the Ideasmyth team!
Please email HR@Ideasmyth.com with
- your resume
- a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the internship
- a writing sample (non-academic preferred)
- An example of your work or link to your portfolio
*Please use “IDEASMYTH WEB DESIGN INTERNSHIP: [your name]” as the email subject line.